About six months ago, I discovered HubSpot Academy, which offers a range of free training programs for marketers. Some of the programs are only available for HubSpot customers, but the HubSpot Inbound Marketing Certification is an excellent free program, open to the public.
I did the program over a couple of weeks and was so impressed with both its simplicity, relevance and value that I arranged for our entire team to go through the program as a professional development exercise.
Here’s why HubSpot’s Inbound Marketing Certification is awesome
As per the inbound marketing model, where content and customers are king, HubSpot pumps out volumes of quality content that is clearly designed to attract, convert, close and delight customers.
This certification course is another creative tactic the company uses to engage marketers who may or may not ever use HubSpot’s software. BUT – they provide valuable, practical content throughout the program, and free quality education goes a long way to creating raving fans – like me! Sign up for the program and you might just become a raving hubSpot fan too!
The program is made up of 11 on-demand video classes which walk through each element of HubSpot’s inbound marketing process. You can do these in your own time on any device with a browser.
Each video follows a similar structure, and features one of HubSpot’s experts. The videos are brief enough not to drag on, but long enough to make the point, share some interesting case studies and provide links to a stack of other free HubSpot resources.
Once you’ve completed the video training, you have the option of sitting an online certification test. You get an hour to answer the 60 questions, and you need to score over 75% to pass. HubSpot provides a study guide and plenty of material to ensure you get through the test.
Classes in the HubSpot Inbound Marketing Certification
The 11 modules in the program include:
- Essentials of an Effective Inbound Strategy
- Optimizing Your Website
- The Fundamentals of Blogging
- Amplifying Your Content with Social Media
- Creating Content with a Purpose
- The Anatomy of a Landing Page
- Perfecting the Conversion Process
- Sending the Right Email to the Right Lead
- The Power of Smarketing
- Taking Your Sales Process Inbound
- Cultivating Happy Customers
Regardless of how your organisation currently does marketing, the program is great because it provides practical advice about a range of topic areas and demonstrates how they all work together.
[Tweet “HubSpot’s free Inbound Marketing Certification is awesome for new marketers #inbound”]
What can you get out of the HubSpot’s Inbound Marketing Certification?
- Current, best-practice marketing techniques – it’s always great to learn from the leaders, and HubSpot is definitely a leader in inbound marketing.
- The 11 on-demand videos are just part of the huge range of content that HubSpot makes publicly available – there’s plenty of eBooks, blog posts, templates and other useful resources to get any marketer started on their inbound marketing journey.
- Whether or not companies you’re in a position to fully embrace the inbound marketing model or just parts of it, the modules provide step by step instructions on how to apply the inbound marketing methodology to attract, convert, close and delight customers.
- During the course, you’re able to connect with other participants via the hashtag #inbound. There’s also a HubSpot Academy group on LinkedIn, where discussion about all things inbound continues.
- If you pass the test, you get a funky HubSpot Inbound Marketing Certification that you can include on your LinkedIn profile, or wherever else you choose to promote it.
And of course, it’s all online, providing the convenience of doing it in your own time and pace, and it’s FREE!
Having worked through the early days of the inbound marketing phenomena, and its subsequent growth, I believe more than ever that content is critical to the success of marketing. This program explores how best to plan and create the different types of content necessary for each step of the buyer’s journey.
The program is open to anyone, and in my opinion, is as relevant for junior marketers as it is experienced marketers who have come from a traditional marketing background and need to refresh their knowledge.
HubSpot’s Inbound Marketing Certification is definitely worth the investment of your time.
Let me know in the comments below, if you decide to do it!